When Paying Taxes
- Tax payments may be made either in person or by mail. (Town Hall is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.)
- The Tax Office WILL ACCEPT either cash or checks.
- Third party checks are NOT ACCEPTED for payment of taxes.
- Credit cards are ACCEPTED for payment of taxes. Please note, there is a 3% charge for all debit or credit card payments. Payments may be made at www.ongov.net
- If payment is made by mail, the POSTAL SERVICE CANCELLATION determines the date of payment. (NOT a postage meter mark)
- Returned Check Charge: The Tax Bill states that "payment is subject to collection". This means that if a check is returned by a financial institution for insufficient funds the bill is considered UNPAID. Therefore, in addition to the $20 Returned Check Fee, PENALTY WILL BE APPLIED to any UNCOLLECTED FUNDS in a penalty period.
Receiver of Taxes
8:30AM - 4:30PM M-F