Attention: To accomodate residents during the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, the Town has installed a drop box in front of the main offices under the rooftop/canopy. Please feel free to drop off your payment. Collections will be made throughout the day. NO CASH. Thank you and stay safe! Please note, post dated checks WILL NOT be accepted.
The Town of Clay Uniform Water District supplies potable water to the southwestern portion of the Town of Clay. The District contains over 75 miles of water mains serving over 16,000 people through 5,862 service connections and growing. The District purchases over 1,870,000 gallons per day from the Onondaga County Water Authority (OCWA). Approximately 90% of our water comes from Lake Ontario and the other 10% comes from Otisco Lake. To learn more about our water please view our most recent Annual Water Quality Report (AWQR).
Important Contact Info:
To report a sewer problem please call Onondaga County Department of Water Environment Protection at (315) 435-3157 or visit ONGOV.NET. For any drainage or flooding issues, contact the Town of Clay Highway Department at (315) 652-3800, and follow the prompts, during regular business hours - 7:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. For after-hours drainage or flooding emergencies please call 911. For water issues (after hours) such as leaky meters, water main breaks, or leaky hydrants, contact the Water Department's emergency number at: (315) 506-8942. Miscellaneous Fees: Water turnoff charges $40 (during business hours) or $60 (after-hours) Fire Hydrant meter rentals: $50 rental fee, then $3.63 per 1,000 gallons used (anyone renting a hydrant meter must have a certified and inspected backflow preventer)
After hours emergency / sewer: 315 435-3157