Town of Clay gets new brandmark & improved website
Posted on August 5, 2022
To better serve residents, the Town of Clay invested in an all-new, easier-to-navigate, and more functional website in 2022. Recognizing the importance of making a positive impression on website visitors − as well as stakeholders such as tourists, businesses, grant-makers, and other important audiences − the Town also took the opportunity to refresh its previous brandmark (aka: logo), once again taking inspiration from the Clay's distinctive, craft-style Town Hall.
"While we certainly still welcome in-person visits from residents to our town hall for functions like securing permits, licenses, paying bills, and such − the reality is more and more of these tasks and information gathering happens on our website," said Town Board member Ryan Pleskach, who spearheaded the project alongside Town staff. "So we think it's important to provide a fast, mobile-friendly, professional, and painless online user experience... Just like we strive to provide with other Town of Clay infrastructure like roads, parks, and services."
The new website was designed with several goals in mind, among them:
- increased online payment functionality
- improved organization, including quicker and more intuitive navigation to often-used form
- homepage quick-links to most commonly services
- contact information for all departments
- easily found information on Town events, news, alerts, and notices
- "responsive" design that adapts to all kinds of devices (PCs, tablets, smart phones)
- information about the Town (e.g., economy, geography, demographics, business environment, resources, history, quality of life)
- Town of Clay success stories, of interest to convey the Town's good news and progress
The website also includes an easy-to-use "content management system" that allows for easy updates by Town staff − and is scalable for future functionalities.
Clay Success Stories
Clay sets stage for high-tech growth - with White Pine Commerce Park
Clay Success Story | Aug 4, 2022
Town of Clay recognizes importance of water resources with LWRP
Clay Success Story | Aug 8, 2022
The Town of Clay recently received a grant from the New York State Department of State to prepare a plan to advance redevelopment of historic Three Rivers Point.