Trash & Recyclable Collection
The Town of Clay's refuse hauling needs are currently supplied by Butler Disposal Systems.
For refuse pickup holiday delays call Butler Disposal Systems at (315) 342-0832 or email Dispatch@ButlerDisposalSystems.com.
Town of Clay Trash Pickup Schedule:
If you are unsure of which District you live in, you may contact Butler Disposal or the Supervisor’s Office at the Town of Clay at (315) 652-3800 ext. 162 or email email@example.com.
Butler Disposal Systems recognizes the six major holidays: New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. If any of these holiday’s fall on a Saturday or Sunday, there is NO DELAY IN PICK-UP.
Important Refuse Collection Information
Trash and recyclables will be collected between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on your designated pick up day.
- All refuse must be placed in your designated area prior to 6:00 a.m. on your pickup day.
- Please place containers outside of road pavement and any gutters so as not to obstruct traffic or block drainage.
- Recyclable materials should be placed in the blue bins as in the past.
- Trash and refuse must be placed in covered rigid plastic or metal containers.
- If plastic bags are used, they must be placed in plastic or metal containers. Full containers may not weigh more than 75 lbs. Plastic bags not in covered containers and containers, including trash, weighing more than 75 pounds will not be picked up.
- Scraps of wood will be collected provided they are bundled, less then 3 ft. long and less than 25 lbs. One bundle of wood will be collected per household per week.
- Garbage and recyclables may NOT be brought in from other areas.
- Items that will not be collected as household trash/refuse include brush, leaves, grass clippings, cuttings, construction material, furniture, carpet, sinks, tubs, white goods and other appliances, tires, batteries, auto parts, etc. Any of these items mistakenly left at the curb will not be picked up and, according to Town regulations, must be removed from the curbside before 6 p.m. on collection day.
- Sharps Disposal: OCRRA offers directions and guidance for residents to properly dispose of used sharps and syringes in their residential trash. Never place containers of sharps (needles, syringes, and lancets) in the trash or in blue bin(s). Several health centers and hospitals will accept sharps from residents/households. This encourages the safe disposal of sharps for people with medical conditions that require at-home, self-injections. Sharps can also be placed in clean, biohazard-labeled sharps containers or in clean, heavy plastic bleach or laundry detergent bottles with a screw-on cap. Containers must be leak-proof, labeled as "Sharps" and the tops should be taped shut. Then they can go in the trash. Visit OCRRA.org for more information.
If you would like the hauler to pick up materials not covered under collection rules, please call them. You may contact any hauler for this purpose. If you would like the hauler to pick up your garbage and recyclables at your garage or another designated location, or would like to rent a toter, please call them to discuss this option. There will be an additional cost for garage service that will be billed to you separately.
Blue bins used for recylcing can be picked up at the Highway Department during regular business hours. One per resident.
Please be sure to keep trash containers covered and that blue bin recyclables secure on windy days.