Town of Clay earns awards & important designations
Posted on August 8, 2022
The Town of Clay is proud to be an efficiently run, electorate-driven, and well-operated municipality. Not only do we routinely receive high marks from our residents, area businesses, and other institutions -- our track record has earned us recognition. Among recent achievements are:
- Brownfield Opportunity Area (BOA) Designation Recognition for clean-up activity at several sites
- Clean Energy Community Designation
- CNY Recreation & Parks Society Elected Official Award (Clay Town Board 1999-2019)
- Public Employer Risk Management (PERMA) Safety Awards:
- Ken Herman Sr. Memorial Award for Excellence in Safety
- Steward Award for Pilot of a Regional Chapter Safety Program
The Town of Clay also takes pride in being fiscally responsible and was recently upgraded by Moody’s Investors Service for the general obligation limited tax (GOLT) debt and long-term issuer ratings to Aa1 from Aa2. This is the second-highest score that Moody's can assign, after the Aaa rating. Investments with an Aa1 score are designated with a P-1 classification, which indicates a "superior ability to repay short-term debt obligations.”
Clay Success Stories
Syracuse.com: Could Micron help Clay realize decades-old dream of a waterfront village?
Clay Success Story | Jan 24, 2023
Could Micron help Clay realize decades-old dream of a waterfront village?